Sunday, October 15, 2006

A NOTE I RECEIVED FROM Dr SRI BANDO DURING OCTOBER,'06

This is an extract from Dr Bando's e-mail on his teaching style . Here he acknowledge his debt to our Institute's teachers.

'....Thought my IIT friends will like to know that the teaching style I learnt from my IIT teachers has proved valuable in my teaching at UNSW : Please do not misunderstand me - I am not placing this for my own advertisement, rather pleading that it is what students do need in addition to good lecture materials.

The latest teaching appraisal conducted by my Head of School came up with the following results :

Dr Sri Bandyopadhyay : MATS3574 Polymer Eng 2 S-2 2006 : 4th year * Bando gives students a sense of pride in their work, teaches ethics & other personal traits totally ignored by other lecturers.

Dr Sri Bandyopadhyay…MATS3443 Polymer Sci & Eng S-1 2006- 3rd yr * .....It is safe to say he’s most students favorite lecturer. Rather than looking for the brightest students, he tries to bring everyone up to a higher level"

Very good Dr Bando. Please do write a few more lines on your teaching style. Add a couple of anecdotes or an interesting story or two about your relationship with students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home